Once again...new system diagram time

The little piece of history that shows us what we were, and what we are.
jlaine

Re: Once again...new system diagram time

Postby jlaine » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:46 pm

denim wrote:Any chance momentum can be restored too?

I can try, but it's going to take manual labor - the import truncated everything from that forum for some reason unknown to me. I'm on the other side of the country right now but when I get home I'll fire up a VM with the old software and try to find a way to make it behave. I think the best I might be able to do is isolate it into its own phpBB install and perhaps try to merge it - we "lost" the photo gallery also - I still have it in an archive but there wasn't a simple way of bringing it over. I can easily get anyone their photos if they request them though, I just have to pull them out of their folder in the archive.
thoraudio1

Postby thoraudio1 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:40 pm

*burp*
jlaine

Postby jlaine » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:39 am

thoraudio1 wrote:*burp*

Shameful. Where's your manners?

...and your account for that matter?

Hrm.
saxman

Postby saxman » Sat May 14, 2016 9:47 pm

Crickets?

I was strolling down memory lane just now after discovering The Sheffield "My Disc" on Spotify. Saying I listened to that disc just a few times, back in my car stereo days, would be a massive understatement. It still sounds pretty good on my Denon headphones that I've had for years and still the best sounding headphones I've owned. Josh, I think you might remember these headphones. All the vinyl that covered the foam is gone, but they still function flawlessly. Amazing they've survived with the two rugrats and now a dog terrorizing the house.
denim

Postby denim » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:14 am

jlaine wrote:
denim wrote:Any chance momentum can be restored too?

I can try, but it's going to take manual labor - the import truncated everything from that forum for some reason unknown to me. I'm on the other side of the country right now but when I get home I'll fire up a VM with the old software and try to find a way to make it behave. I think the best I might be able to do is isolate it into its own phpBB install and perhaps try to merge it - we "lost" the photo gallery also - I still have it in an archive but there wasn't a simple way of bringing it over. I can easily get anyone their photos if they request them though, I just have to pull them out of their folder in the archive.

No pressure on getting it back online, just miss it I guess. Just felt like if we could get the band back together, we could keep making something cool. If need be, we could host it on the SSA server to save you any maintenance work etc.
nismo

Postby nismo » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:23 pm

I wonder how many alumni have come back occasionally to see this place. There's such a trove of knowledge and smartassery, it's a wonderful thing it's not been lost for all time!

Nizzy

Return to “The Beast”