What? No E3 Talk?

General discussion about computers and their related items, and open requests/chat about our own gaming server.
JordanBrown

Postby JordanBrown » Sun May 28, 2006 3:48 pm

Sony will sell the PS3 overseas like you can't believe. If they are more even with MSoft here in the States, they will still be way ahead, seeing as how Japanese laugh at the 360.
kevox

Postby kevox » Sun May 28, 2006 4:44 pm

I read that the PS3 was due out this November with a basic package price of $500 and a different "deluxe" kinda package for $600. Where does $700 come from?
3 nails + 1 cross = 4given
X-OvrDistortion

Postby X-OvrDistortion » Sun May 28, 2006 4:52 pm

kevox wrote:I read that the PS3 was due out this November with a basic package price of $500 and a different "deluxe" kinda package for $600.

That is what I heard too.
JordanBrown

Postby JordanBrown » Mon May 29, 2006 12:20 am

Well.. Figure $600.. plus tax, which takes it to $620-$630 and a game is another 40-60... basically $700 for the 60GB version.
Justin W
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciúncula, California

Postby Justin W » Mon May 29, 2006 3:40 am

Ezekiel81923 wrote:there was nothing wrong with the gamecube...and the wii wont have problems either...

they may not have as much tech behind them as far as dvd players and harddrives go but that never stopped nintendos games from being a lot of fun and i think the gamecube graphics were better than ps2's and xbox's...or a lot cleaner anyways. The wii wont be any worse.

Read somewhere the wii will debut this fall fro 250-300 bucks and the ps3 was supposed to come out around the same time at ~500

Well... there was nothing technologically or fundamentally wrong with the GC... this is true.

It just didn't sell like a Nintendo console should... figure 60 million NES's, 49 million Super Nintendos, 32 million Nintendo 64's and only 21 million Gamecubes were sold...
It has got to the point that 3rd party support of the GC is near non-existant... I think it got to the point that the market just wasn't large enough to develop to the GC audience.

In the 80's Nintendo sold 60 million consoles when the whole market was barely larger than that... now with a MUCH. MUCH larger market they are just able to sell a third of that. I think something is wrong with the GC... whether it's from a lack of technology, interesting games or whatever...

Still, impressively, Nintendo maintains profitability... due in large part to its handheld product I presume.

On the price of the Wii...
It's supposed to come out November/December... probably at $249... regardless Nintendo needs to do something to recapture market share lost to Sony & MS to remain viable in the console market...
Justin W

Listen with your ears... not someone else's.
Justin W
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciúncula, California

Postby Justin W » Mon May 29, 2006 3:47 am

JordanBrown wrote:Well.. Figure $600.. plus tax, which takes it to $620-$630 and a game is another 40-60... basically $700 for the 60GB version.

Yeah, as of right now it retails at $600 for the loaded version... but here it'll be well up over $650 after sales tax... a game will run you at the very least $60 at launch... maybe $70 given the additional price of BD-Rom discs...

Then of course 75% of those consoles at launch will be bundled with extra crap... meaning most people will be in for well over a grand before they leave their local Gamestop or Best Buy.

And of course those will be the "lucky" ones that will actually get one from retail at launch... anyone else that wants one by Christmas, Chanukah or Kwanzaa will have to get theirs for $1500+ on Ebay...
Justin W

JordanBrown

Postby JordanBrown » Mon May 29, 2006 3:53 am

And there is no pre-order on PS3, they felt the hurt from the 360 and said not this time...

I am going to have my Credit Cards paid off by that time and try to buy 2 extra and be one of the people that sells them for alot on ebay.. But Sony should have alot more out on launch than MSoft did.. and limit one per household is weak. but there are ways around it, especially when you have friends working at the store :)

I remember the day when everybody had a Nintendo. Little boys, little girls, everyone played it. It's as if the gaming community started when I was young and has matured up until this point.. We went from everyone playing Mario to everyone playing Halo in 20 years. Now more people buy systems, they cost more, games are a ton... It has evolved quite impressively.

I think more women are starting to play console games again too. For a while it seemed there was not many involved, although you always have your few.. But I know many girls who I would never think would play a game are playing Halo2 online at their boyfriends houses.. Very cool to see everything sort of get back to the way it was :)
Justin W

Postby Justin W » Mon May 29, 2006 4:03 am

JordanBrown wrote:But Sony should have alot more out on launch than MSoft did..

They should... but will they?

I dunno... last time around with the PS2, Sony spread out their launch... this time around they aren't... they can't to maintain that 06 launch in Japan and North America...

I think there's a good chance that there will be 360-sized shortages... or close to it... of course there will be other next gen options on the market this year unlike last...
What? No PS3? Get a Wii or a 360... surely there will be plenty of 360's around... they should sell real well this Xmas to all of those people that wanted PS3's that couldn't get them or those that see the relative economy of the 360 compared to the PS3 or better yet the economy of going to the Wii is even greater...

Not to mention the games available for the 360 by PS3 launch should look considerably better than the PS3's... right now Sony's praying for 15 games at launch... many of those being EA titles that will be available on Wii or 360...
Justin W

Justin W

Postby Justin W » Mon May 29, 2006 4:07 am

JordanBrown wrote:I think more women are starting to play console games again too. For a while it seemed there was not many involved, although you always have your few.. But I know many girls who I would never think would play a game are playing Halo2 online at their boyfriends houses.. Very cool to see everything sort of get back to the way it was :)

I agree... it's pretty cool. I always trip out when I see my wife playing Halo2 on XBL...
Funny stuff...

She pretty much got started with Super Mario Brothers too... she still loves that game to this day...
Justin W

Ezekiel81923

Postby Ezekiel81923 » Mon May 29, 2006 9:11 am

ur right about the games...

ps3's games are gonna debut at 60-70 a peice...

but nintendo is making the effort to make sure their new games still only cost $45 of $50. When you think about it, the wii could take a huge part of the market that doesnt wanna drop $1000 on a console and games.
Pioneer -- A/D/S -- AA Poly Mids -- Helix Dark Blue --
-- Orion HCCA -- Oz Matrix Elites -- Stinger -- Knukonceptz

Next In Line: a/d/s P4100

Return to “Computer / Gaming forum.”